Ricky and Caitlynn were sent home last week. It was for the best.
Each pair is dancing three times tonight, once with an all-star partner, once with another contestant and once solo. I can't wait to see some of the all-stars again! MARK!!!!
A link to a video of each dance is within the bullet. Just scroll down on the page to get to the video. Thanks Rickey!
- Oh look...Joey Potter is a guest judge. After that catastrophe of a singing "dance" number she did a couple of years ago, I'm not quite sure why she's here. Kenny Ortega, director of many of many movies is joining the panel as well
- Marko and Melanie danced a Disco number that bored me to tears. They are great dancers, don't get me wrong, but they seriously need to retire disco from this show
- Sasha and Mark (from Season 4-guess it was a night off for the Lady Gaga tour) danced a Jazz dance that was intense. I'm so tired of hearing Sasha referred to as a warrior. Is she a good dancer? Yes. Do they need to keep hammering her toughness into our heads? No
- Tadd and Joshua (from Season 4) danced a Hip Hop dance in which Tadd outdanced the all-star. I don't think he's going to win the whole competition, but he's grown on me throughout the season
- Melanie and Robert (from Season 7) danced a Contemporary dance that was well done! It such a pleasure to see Melanie dance in her own style
- Sasha and Marko danced a Broadway dance. Marko was much better in this number than Sasha. I just wasn't impressed with it so much
- Sasha and Tadd danced a Cha-Cha dance that had no chemistry. They danced together, but not together. Blech
- Marko and Lauren (from Season 7) danced a Contemporary dance that was filled with emotion. It was a job well done. Loved it
- Melanie and Tadd danced a Jazz dance that was a trip! They worked really well together and had great chemistry. I loved it
- Melanie and Sasha danced a Contemporary dance that to me didn't portray the concept the choreographer wanted. It lacked something
- Marko and Tadd danced a Hip Hop dance (Gumboot Stepping?) that Marko, for lack of a better word, sucked at doing. Tadd totally outdanced him here
I honestly am really tired of hearing all the talk of how great the girls are this season. I personally think Melanie should win, as she's an amazing technical dancer. I read an article yesterday stating Travis Wall thinks the same thing. Unfortunately, America doesn't always vote for the best technical dancer, but their personal favorites (Seasons 2, 4, and 5 are proof of that). Those tend to be the ones with the most personality. If they follow that idea, Tadd has this in the bag. I'll be happy with anything as long as Sasha doesn't win. There's just something about her that I don't like, at all. She's a great dancer, but something is just wrong.
Feel free to post your opinions in the comments. I'd love to read what you think.